Research shows that exercise can rehabilitate existing problems, and help prevent new ones. If you want to feel better, have more energy, and perhaps even live longer, you need look no further than exercise. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are indisputable. And you can realize the benefits of exercise regardless of your age, gender, or physical ability. Here are some ways exercise can improve your life:
- Weight Management: Regular exercise helps to accelerate metabolism, burn calories, and maintain an ideal weight.
- Health and Wellness: Regular exercise can help prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. In fact, regular physical activity can help you prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis, and falls, according to experts from the Mayo Clinic.
- Improve Mood: Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost confidence and improve self-esteem.
- More Energy: Regular exercise can improve muscle strength, boost endurance, and help your cardiovascular system work more efficiently.
- Better Sleep: Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
- Ease of Movement: Weight-bearing exercise strengthens muscles and joints, improves range-of-motion, and improves the efficiency with which you move.
Don’t worry about how much you lift or how strong you are, just find activities you enjoy and keep moving.
Get STRONGER, Get FASTER!