Here’s a simple recipe for a healthy, tasty snack — No-Bake Energy Bites.
I was introduced to this recipe about a year ago, by my colleague and business partner, who brought them to our strength and conditioning facility. Since then, I’ve seen the recipe (and several variations) posted on Facebook and other social media sites.
N0-bake energy bites are easy to prepare (total prep time is about 10 minutes) and, once you and your family taste them, you won’t be able make them fast enough.
The original, basic recipe looks like this:
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week
- Makes about 20-25 balls
The recipe can be modified to your taste. You can add, subtract, or substitute ingredients. If you’d like, press the mixture into a baking dish lined with parchment paper, and you can make energy bars instead.
Give ’em a try.
Get STRONGER, Get FASTER!