Question 2: What are you doing to make that happen?
You can’t wait and wish for something to happen. If it’s important to you — something you really want — you’ve got to make it happen.
Don’t wait for inspiration or motivation, just get moving and take a step in the direction of your desired goal. It may seem counter-intuitive, but action precedes motivation.
Sometimes, getting started (and staying on course) may seem a little scary, but you’ll be surprised by how much the fear and apprehension subside once you get going. Once you take action — even the smallest step — toward your goal, you will feel empowered, energized, and motivated.
- Focus on your dreams and goals, and don’t allow yourself to be discouraged or distracted by short-term adversity and obstacles.
- Stay determined, even when things aren’t going as planned.
- Take calculated risks; understand that goal achievement will require change, in some way.
- Engage in positive self-talk, and surround yourself with positive and encouraging people.
- Be accountable for your daily actions.
Perhaps your goal requires some assistance along the way. There are lots of willing and qualified people who can get you started and provide guidance on your journey. No matter what your goal, identify and acquire the resources you need — equipment, education, assistance, or apparel — to achieve it.
Get STRONGER, Get FASTER!