- Get out of bed an hour earlier. (Shhh. Don’t wake your smartphone.)
- Drink an 8-ounce glass of water within 8 minutes of waking up in the morning. Pound another after your shower.
- Start a protein-at-every-meal routine.
- Learn a new word every day. Bonus points if it’s not English.
- Take the long way to work. Obey the speed limit!
- Say “Nice job” to a young person.
- See how fast you can run a mile.
- Buy a vegetable you don’t recognize. Maybe even eat it.
- Read a poem. Anything by Langston Hughes, W.B. Yeats, or Marshall Mathers will do.
- Send a postcard to somebody, anybody.
- Call your mom.
- And call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a year or longer.
- Book a flight to a city you’ve never seen. You’ll sort out the details later.
- Sit quietly for five minutes, without distraction.
- Argue the other side.
- Compliment your wife.
- Better yet, do something you know she’ll appreciate, just because.
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger.
- Say thanks — and be specific.
- Turn the TV off at 10 p.m. Extra credit if you pick up a book.
- Smile like you mean it, even if you don’t. Because then you will.
Get STRONGER, Get FASTER!